Miracles + Love

 Playing: Love Made Me by Dante Bowe




shot by my friend Victor for my birthday in February this year.
I think I'm bigger now sha, lol


If I was a YouTuber, I would shoot a dramatic scene where I remove cobwebs and dust the surroundings because it has been what?! Three years? I remember I was about to resume my first year at the university when I last posted, on the fourteenth of February 2019. At the time I dropped that blog post, I had no idea I had to resume the next week, lol. Talk about being uninterested in school, despite having waited a long time for it.

Okay okay. Hi guys. I'm in my third year now, no thanks to incessant strikes and the pandemic. I haven't grown that much in the aspect of being an adult, I still watch nickelodeon when I can. I don't know if I still like spaghetti - I cooked it in different weird ways in my first year.

Side Note - I ought to have published this on the third of this month, but I felt like it was incomplete. How can I leave for about three years and come back to serve you cold jollof rice? I'm supposed to be giving you hot hot. This is not to say that I will be publishing consistently (another attempt at underpromising so that I can overdeliver, lol).

Now Playing: Communion by Maverick City Music featuring Steffany Gretzinger

Back to how my love for spaghetti started diminishing - I mean, one of my roommates asked why I put palm oil in my spaghetti and my response was, "oh, I want it to have color". Laugh laugh. I guess I wasn't so comfortable cooking in the school hostel then, so I didn't bother knowing what I was doing. I also used to put in curry when the food was almost done. Thank God dry fast detoxifies our bodies because, hmm. I have been doing my best to be healthy but if you know someone I can talk to concerning how to feed in school, link me up.

I've been wanting to write here, again. I was going to talk about money and how to make it before I went under the radar. I hope you guys are doing well with your finances because what I was going to talk to you guys about is uhm, I don't know, really. However, I did interview a financial expert for an e-magazine; I will link you up in good time. So, while I was sending a message to my friend, Victor, I agreed with myself that I actually ought to write here. Ugh. I've missed this.



one of my once in a blue moon messages to Victor to just confirm that we are still friends
also to update him about things going on with me so he can do the same
also where I realized that I needed to blog again

How was the COVID year for you? What did you do? Who was your lockdown love? I had two. Oh, sorry, three. Tell me about it. I got fat, went somewhere outside of Lagos and Ogun State for the first time, wore another wig (I didn't fall on any stage. Jokes on the devil), and attended a wedding I thought my parents wouldn't allow me to attend because it was outside Lagos and I was going on my own. Almost fell in love. Took a course in Business Development to follow up on the one I took in Business Strategy and Analysis in 2019 and did amazing stuff in my communities. Then in Nigeria, sometime in October, we had to prove that it wasn't always a fraud to be young and look dapper. You can read about it from a narrative perspective here.



Photo by Ayanfe Olarinde on Unsplash

Now Playing: Most Beautiful, So In Love by Maverick City Music featuring Chandler Moore

It seems as though, each time I rant here, my house is under renovation. Literally, it means my father's house is being renovated. Figuratively, it reminds me of the things in my life that need to be renovated. I recommend it. I think it is something that we should do when the need arises. Don't you think? Recently, I left a community I've been part of since its inception.

Now Playing: Jireh/Worthy by Elevation Worship

I'll tell you this for free - it was hard and I don't exactly know what it is going to be like moving forward. I am, however, looking forward to leaving another one and getting to know myself better. Much better. You know that question people ask; if you could talk about something for thirty minutes straight, without prior preparation or notice, what would it be? If you were suddenly awoken to talk about something you're passionate about, what would it be? I have never known the answer to that question, for me. So, I guess that is something worth taking a breather.

It is unfair that I show up here every few years to rant, then disappear, lol. I apologize. I promise you, it is not exactly intentional. And sometimes I wish all the prose in my head would just write and publish themselves. That could be the final frontier. I started sharing my work on Medium though, check it out here. I am learning to take life easy, to trust God. I am learning to take each day as it comes and trying to see how it fits into the bigger picture. Although, sometimes, and not most times sadly, I make it fit into the bigger picture by speaking into that day. There is a need for urgency in these times, so better to make maximum use of what you have control over - what you spend your time doing. If it won't matter to me in 5 years, I shouldn't spend the next 5 minutes on it. Me I will still watch Henry Danger sha o, and I will binge watch Brooklyn Nine-Nine on Netflix.




99th precinct squad

Now Playing: Have My Heart by Maverick City Music featuring Chris Brown & Chandler Moore

If you've been living under a rock, you should know that there has been a fast rise in the tech community since the pandemic, like how nose masks and hand sanitizers became a thing. How tables turn. Or isn't it the same Information Communication Technology that Mr. Adubi wrongly beat me for in the computer room in Adeola Odutola College? They have so many arms - tech bros, tech sis, women in tech, and all of that. Looks like they're here to stay, so I have joined them. I started taking courses in product and brand identity design. It is hectic, these courses, but I will pull through. I was going to share my journey on Instagram, but please dear. Shooting, editing, camera angles, audio? Really please dear.

I am really excited about it - Design. I just don't know if I'll be writing about it or if I'll actually practice it. I guess time will tell. Also, months from now, Nigeria, the giant of Africa, will be deciding who collects the baton from the current supposed President of Nigeria. Remember how everyone in class leaves the questions asked by the teacher to the most brilliant student? Well, it is as though so many people can answer this question of Presidency - because what are these declarations everywhere? And for a whooping sum of a hundred million naira? What a time to be alive - it is a circus. 

One of the amusing declarations is one that mentioned that the current President is doing an amazing job. Do you know how some Nollywood directors do absolute rubbish and expect to get away with it hoping that those watching are stupid? That's how the declaration was to me. Anyways, may the best pupil (and I hope to God that it is God's best) win.

I saw a meme that said that "you messed with the wrong generation don dey campaign for Tinubu". Well, you messed with the wrong generation has to eat now. One of the ways to air your grievances if you believe that neither the aspirants nor the current government takes us seriously is to get your PVC. I did it in the first quarter of the year and it was seamless. Please register here, it is the last lap.

Random thought; one of the recent aspirants was once here. What if he is just coming back to show us pepper for choosing the current one above him? Well, not me. Y'all be safe.

Sometime back, I was thinking about the concept of hiding everything that we are going through under the words, "I'm fine". So, on a day that my sister-in-law and I went to fill the cylinder with gas, we saw a child in another shop. I don't remember asking how she was, but I turned to Bolade, reminding her about how when we were younger, people would ask us, "how are you?" and while we are staring at them, most likely because we are hungry, or tired, or don't even want to talk to anyone, our parents swoop in and tell us, "say 'fine'". So it became the default response. I think that is where this whole thing started - that when people check on us to know how we are doing, we want to type the extended version. However, in the middle, we think, why bother? Clear the whole thing, and type "I'm fine". If we want, we add a happy emoji for effect. Dear parents everywhere, teach your children to express themselves.

It is one of the things I'm unlearning. When people ask how I'm doing, I want to tell them how I'm doing. If people really care about me enough to want to know how I feel, why resist? I want to enjoy it. 




I'm grateful the people I tried to push away in year one due to things I was dealing with decided to stick around; they're the most amazing friends I have in university now. When I choose to sit down and create content for my Instagram, I will bring them.



Joey from Friends

Now Playing: Were by Teni

I just came here to say hello, also to encourage you to start whatever you want to, regardless of whether or not you think you're capable. Remember, all scarcity is man-made, God is not pricing your dreams down♡

Another side note: I was actually going to come here to say bye and close the blog kind of, thus the title. I have decided against that but I don't know any other title to give. Happy to be here.


TALK TO ME. WHAT'S UP?

Comments

  1. Hey Iyanu, just want to let you know that you are doing great, with this writing thing.

    I can relate to everything. Covid time, election! I don’t even know who to vote. I’m letting the spirit lead me this time and I think he’s doing a great job at the leadership thing.

    About pushing people away, I let things that my fav people did to me, hurt me so much overtime and I didn’t communicate how I felt with them. Just silent treatments here and there, going home and slamming doors, shouting, and letting rage consume me.

    Omo I kinda made a mistake in the process and one thing for sure is I’m living with that even if they have forgiven me. I’m glad you met kind people who did not throw you out because you threw them out, when you came back like the prodigal girl that you looked like. It’s funny cas most people would rather do revenge either as trailers or blockbusters. They understood that you were trying to find your feet and also confused on what to do.

    Quick question, if you were in their shoes, what would you have done?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiiiii๐Ÿค—

      I just went to WhatsApp with a screenshot of this comment because I need to know who you are. Although, I think I have an idea, considering the "cas" in your comment.

      I'll respond in good time. I'm at church presently, and I want to take my time to do so๐Ÿ’–

      Delete
  2. Bosslady.
    It's fun reading something that mentions me๐Ÿ˜Š
    My eyes got tired at the middle and I almost just scrolled through, but I stopped myself and scrolled back up. Lol, I think it was the font. I'm glad I read it word for word to the end ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ๐Ÿ”ฅ
    P.S- you're my most treasured friend๐Ÿš๐Ÿ–‹️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely recognise your signatureeee๐Ÿ˜…❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤❤

      I'm sorry about the font, I didn’t know I could increase the size. I've done that now, please let me know if it's better on your eyes๐Ÿค—

      Thank you for reading T❤

      Delete
  3. I love that this is an engaging read, allows me to reason along and express my emotions even as I read. Thank you for being so real. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Blessing!!! I just saw that you commented on this in my email and I said I HAVE TO respond immediately. I apologise it's coming so late.

      Thank you for being here, it means a lot❤️❤️❤️

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But Why Not Sally Thompson?

The First Time I Tried Ranting Here

I Think Tiwa Caused It๐Ÿ˜ž