I Think Tiwa Caused It😞



Playing: Melodies From Heaven by Sean C. Johnson

Last year, 2018, I went through a couple of transitions, with my hair. I mean, it was all natural,



Then I weaved it,



Then at a point I thought things were crawling in my hair, I'm not joking! So I cut it. Yeah!



It was after I cut it the devil planned to spoil my reputation. Yes I blame the devilπŸ˜’

Flashback to July 2018
It was the birthday of our General Overseer's wife, Mummy Adeboye and my department, (PSF Hospitality Department), was working. A fascinator was part of our uniform but I was on low cut😞

Anyway, I put on the fascinator like that and proceeded to take pictures with my co members. I uploaded a picture then Ayo Vaughan Oyindamola, the CEO of FitMatchBeautyWorld ( you should check her out on instagram ) replied my status and the conversation went thus:

Oyin: Iyanu, why would you wear fascinator on low cut?

Me:πŸ˜†πŸ˜ž

Oyin: Should I make wig for you?

***OK, let's calm down. I've never used wig. Nah. But, it's 2018, what harm can wig do to me? So I go,

Me: Seriously? Yeah sure. Thank you πŸ˜†

Oyin: Remind me o. Which colour?

Me: Black. So I'll remind you with 'black braided wig'.

Oyin: OK

So I went on to my status to upload, 'Wig on The Way.'

Fast forward to RCCG Annual Convention which holds usually in the first week of August, I was super excited about getting a wig. I mean, mama gats slay for convention, right? No? OK.

Oyin forgot my wig in Festac so when I got to camp, I had to first use Grace's braided wig so it won't look weird to people that I came in low cut and in the course of the week, I suddenly have hair on my head. πŸ˜‚



I even went to see dad during one of the evening programs and man was confused so he asked,

'Did you just make this when you got to camp?'

And I go,
'No o. It's a wigπŸ˜€'
Dad shook his head and I heard him say,

'WOMEN!'
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

I won't even lie, all week, I was cautious of the wig. People who knew I was on low cut kept saying, 'talk to me anyhow, I'll remove your wig'. What is wrong with people? Can't I be fine in peace?😭
So I was gentle with the way I flipped it and showed off. lol.

Upon everything, wig finally removed. I'll tell you how, just follow me.

After the DOMINION Convention, which was lit by the way, the Pastor's Seeds Family organised a Worker's Dinner. So technically, a dinner for PSF workers. I don't know, I didn't have a fine dress but I knew if I was supposed to go, it'll work itself out. I can't stress myself, my slay kit will come to me.

In Other News, the wig Oyin made came on Friday.

So on Sunday now, the day the dinner was meant to hold, my guys ( Housemates ) and I were chilling. Contemplating on whether we were going for the dinner or not but at the back of our minds, we knew we'd go. In the evening, we started getting ready. The guys were arranging their suits and shirts and ties and we girls, dresses and hair. Uju had me covered though πŸ˜†
I told you my slay kit will come to me😌



Prior to this time, I'd never used make up so I let it pass. The hair and dress and shoes were enough to convince people I'm a girlπŸ‘§

☆☆☆

We got to the venue, RCCG Youth Centre. And I couldn't really walk in my shoes. Pointed heels are not for meπŸ˜’ So I had to hold Bamise for support, even though she had like 3 dates😊

We got in and sat down and me, I was really just looking forward to the food because it's a dinner nowπŸ˜‹



Let's fast forward.
☆☆☆

After our food, and every other thing, Housemates decided it was time to dance. Bamise dragged me to the stage, so I got rid of my shoes. I was barefooted now, in my dress and hair.

We were all dancing and at a point, we stopped when Bidemi Olaoba was talking/singing about Sweet Boy Association. Until I saw Tiwa dancing again. Now I know I should have just ignored the guyπŸ˜’
I don't even know. I just know, when I was running to go and meet Tiwa, why did I even run? I could have just walked but NO, the devil had to show himself. While running, I hit my foot against a part of the stage and I didn't understand what was going because I'm sure my brain was stunned as well.

By the time my brain finished arranging, drumroll please...
I was down flat on the stage and my wig had removedπŸ˜‚πŸ˜­

In few seconds, my guys had gathered around me and were laughing while trying to fix me up. Funke saw me first though.
Bamise pushed my legs down so my bride price won't reduceπŸ˜‚

But, wait, that was epic. So I told Funke to make a video before putting my wig back😴
Everyone in Housemates was concerned while asking if I was OK and asking how it happened. Even I can't explain it. I didn't even bother looking up to see if anyone saw it. My guys had me covered and already laughed, that's enough.

As Funke was helping me up, I felt pain on my knee and bent to see that I had an injury. Great.



We went to the rest room and I saw that I was still a fine girl but couldn't help asking the ladies we met there, 'did you see anything happen on stage?
☆☆☆

But I learned that many times we try things for the first time and are really unsure of how it'll turn out.
Why don't you try first?
If you fall, you'll get back up.

Then no one is an island. Imagine if my guys didn't surround me, honestly, I'd have just lay down thereπŸ˜…



Now I know for sure, my husband didn't attend the worker's dinner. My husband is not in PSFπŸ˜—
☆☆☆

HAVE YOU EVER HAD TO TRY SOMETHING OUT FOR THE FIRST TIME?

HOW DID IT TURN OUT?

HAVE YOU EVER HAD EMBARRASSING MOMENTS?

HAVE YOU BEEN AN ISLAND LATELY?

Comments

  1. I was laughing the entire time I read this. Mad o.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You that you're wahala on your own.... You na still went to meet Tiwa. . Okay ooo... Your wig was na turniownion...lol... I actually wish I saw that... Thank you for making me laugh on a Monday morning. . God bless you darling

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You wish you saw so you'll call others abi?
      Vanessa, your plan will not workπŸ˜‚

      Thank you too babe❤

      Delete
  3. This is funny mehn 😹😹😹

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fish I will so break ur head....u will come and tell me the 3 dates I had that day oooo.....it was fun and now I can recall ur reaction πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜‚

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't know how many dates you had?

      Should I list them here? Should I?

      Delete
  5. And to think my pidur isn't anywhere here. You want pipu to think k am some baf person aii. As if it is a crime to dance again πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„πŸ™„

    Sha. Thanks for helping me relive that funny night. We killed it. Housemates.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got cracked up all through, I'm loving this! πŸ’₯πŸ’₯πŸ’₯❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Thank you for being here ❤πŸ‘‘

      Delete
  7. I trust Bambam not to let ur bride price be reduced πŸ˜‚. Tiwa be warn ooo see how ur dance can make falling magic, thank God I did not see u dance too maybe I would have fall off alsoπŸ˜‰πŸ˜†.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I was there ooooo but wonderful writeup u got me laughing through out embarrassed moment when my dad shouted at me in the public d my friends were laughing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah wow πŸ˜‚
      I'm sorry❤

      Thank you for being here πŸ˜™

      Delete
  9. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ see ehn, at this point,if I'm wearing a wig and it falls off, I'll just pick it, dust it(for drama sake), arrange my normal hair, wear the thing, look for a mirror or someone who can tell me if it's okay or not and continue with life as I laugh about the whole thing because I honestly can't stress anymore lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Riigghtt?
      I can't be stressing myself again abeg😭
      This too shall passπŸ˜‚

      Thank you being here Ayo❤πŸ˜™

      Delete
  10. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ€£ I just don't know what to say....LWKMD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There are no words babe, no wordsπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But Why Not Sally Thompson?

The First Time I Tried Ranting Here