This Christianity Walk Sef




Playing: What A Beautiful Name by Hillsong Worship



Heeeeeyyyy๐Ÿ˜†
How's your Friday going?
Honestly, I've posted on this blog about 15 times in my mind already, you just didn't see it๐Ÿ˜ช
BTW, my dad and one of my brothers fixed my bed. Super Men๐Ÿ’ƒ



Alright, let's go.

Over the past few days, well, (since last year but I'm still in 2018 so saying over the past few days makes more sense๐Ÿ˜Œ), I've been questioned. By myself. A lot of times. On my spirituality. And walk with God. So many times, more times than I can count, I've asked myself 'Iyanu, how far nah? You know you should do this and shouldn't do that..' 'Iyanu, you know that's not the way to go, right?'

But, it has always come down to not even caring. Funny enough, the thought of hell won't even come. It's not like you don't want to please God o, but sometimes, you just feel, 'why not?'



When I brush my teeth, I feel like my head is more correct than it was when I first woke up. So a couple of times, when I can't bring myself to talk to this God who sent his son to die for me, I usually wish the toothbrush would make my spirit right just like the way I think it does my mind.
Disclaimer: it doesn't work that way.

Many times we want to indulge in our weaknesses. Many times we think of why we shouldn't even do some things the Bible tags as wrong. Many times, we just don't care. Many times we want to act like the grace of God isn't enough sef.

So what if it's wrong? So what? So what if I get caught? So what this and so what that?

Infact, sometimes we don't even think about it. We just do stuff.

But come, to what end?

Sometimes, in the church, we come across those who feel like they've experienced God on our behalf, or that because God came to them in a 'rod' point of view, he can't come to you in a 'staff' point of view. God comes to us in different views. And at very different points in our lives. What God means to you, may not be what he means to me.

So when people tend to force the kind of relationship they have with God on you, or they feel like they know the kind of relationship you have or should have with God, doesn't it get tiring? You're just exhausted!



But I've come to realise that most times when I don't care about the things I do, or whether or not it hurts God, it's because I've been looking too much at the people I've surrounded myself with. I mean, if they're spiritual and can do certain stuff, then I should be able to as well. If their prayer life is faulty, then that's an excuse for mine to be. Or if they're stressing me this much about who God is, this version of God that I cannot relate with, what's the use of trying?

Truth is, as my toothbrush can't fix my spirit or give me the assurance that I'm in the right path with God, I can't depend on someone else's relationship with God to determine mine. They're not my yardstick. So if I'm doing certain things that I know could lead me to hell, that's on me mehn. Just me. Not someone I look up to.

I think last week, on one of our PSF Sub Groups, this issue came up and honestly, trust me, I've never felt prouder to belong to that group. Mehn! The way a couple of people tactfully answered the questions that your race here is for you and you alone, gave me goosebumps๐Ÿ˜ญ

Not like we didn't know that Jesus is our standard, but they also made us understand he's the only standard, and your mentor or superior doesn't have to assist him in helping you become what he has in store for you. Also that you only learn from those you look up to, just learn. So it's totally fine to sieve what you receive from them because, the way your mentor or superior relates with God may not be what works for you. They're only relating with God based on their revelation of him.



What's the bottom line of all my ranting?

Sometimes, maybe a lot of times, we feel that God isn't enough. That God doesn't really understand. That if God really loves us, he should open the ears of those critics wide and tell them, 'My ways are not yours and neither are my thoughts!', or sometimes, God isn't really there.
I've been there.

But hey, get this, you can't love him on your own. No you can't. But he can. He can help you love him.
And and as much as we want to deny it sometimes, or we don't want to accept it,

God's grace is sufficient, always enough, and the God holding the whole universe in his hands, is the one holding you.



God. Is. Always. Enough.
☆☆☆

HAVE YOU EVER COME ACROSS CRITICS IN YOUR RACE?

HOW DID YOU HANDLE IT?

HOW MUCH INFLUENCE DO YOU THINK THOSE WE LOOK UP TO SHOULD HAVE ON US?

IN WHAT WAY DID GOD COME TO YOU?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

But Why Not Sally Thompson?

The First Time I Tried Ranting Here

I Think Tiwa Caused It๐Ÿ˜ž